Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baby Update

Well I had another OB appt. It was supposed to be my first appointment with my midwife, where they do the head to toe exam and just make sure everything is ok. Go over all the blood work etc etc. Well I told the midwife about the whole ultrasound thing and how I have yet to see my baby and its making me just a bit nervous. She was so amazing. She said lets forget todays appointment and just go ahead and do another ultrasound and see the baby and the heartbeat and put me at ease. I was so shocked! Military doctors are never like that! Anyways, I got to see my little baby and it was amazing. It made it all sink it just a little more. I could see the little arms and legs and the heartbeat just fluttering away. I was so relieved that everything was ok. She changed my due date to March 13th. Other than that everything is looking great. I am still pretty sick most days and super tired but only a few more weeks and Ill be in the second trimester and won't have to deal with that (hopefully!) My next appt is on Aug 26th so I'll post again if there is any updating. I can't wait to find out what this little baby is going to be. I am so ready to start shopping and making baby stuff but I can't until I know if its pink or blue.

4 comments:

Mysticnocturne said...

Congratz on the ultrasound finally!! So glad everything is going well with the baby! Your next appt is my ultrasound appt to find out our baby'ssex, so I am doubly looking forward to Aug 26th for both of us! =)

K-jo said...

Congrats, that is exciting news! Felt bad for missing the wedding, and missed seeing you while you were here in Oregon! The day of the wedding was a crazy day for me and my newborn. Things are great with me and baby now, no worries there. I am just so happy to hear that your appointment went so well! What a blessing, can't wait to hear what you’re having!

DianaCotner said...

Yeah! Was the baby to the teddy bear phase yet? SO exciting. Can't wait to know what this one is either! I have lots of baby bibs and balls to make a head of me I just need to know what everyone is having so I make them in the right colors!

The Richards said...

What a good due date! That just happens to be my birthday! haha Glad you got to see the little one and that you are doing well!