Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time!!!

So I pretty much love love LOVE Christmas! By far my favorite time of the year. I can't get enough of the cold and snow. I love hot chocolate. I love all the winter smells, and putting up your tree and the general happy spirit a lot of people have during the holiday season. It makes you remember how important family and good friends are and reminds you how fortunate you are to have the things you do. Or at least for me it does. It makes me want to share and give in any way I can. But mostly I love to decorate my house! Its so much fun! I put up Christmas decorations a couple days before Thanksgiving cause I just couldn't wait! But we waited until friday to get our tree. And this year we got a real one! This is exciting for us cause we have been living in places where to get a real one you have to fork out the big bucks and that just wasn't do able for us. So I was very very excited to get to have a real tree again. It smells so nice in our house!
I of course had to do at least one Christmas craft. I have a couple others in mind but this is the first one I have been able to do. I got a pack of two chargers at target for $2 dollars and then got a "believe" sign for a $1 at michaels. Then I just bought two packs of colored gems which were $.49 a piece! So for under $5 I was able to make this to put on my table. I really really love it too. Me and the glue gun had a few run ins while making it but I thought for the cost it came out pretty nice, and I have already had two complements on it since I put it up!

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great Christmas season and I really hope we all remember what the spirit of Christmas is all about. Find ways to help others out and do things that are less fortunate than you. Pull your loved ones in close and let them know what they mean to you, and don't forget the birth of our Savior. The true meaning of Christmas.