Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January thus far!



Well Lupus has been kicking my butt lately so its been a rough time but also a very strong time. I am learning what I am made of and thats in some ways, a very good feeling. I am learning new ways to take care of my kids and new ways to depend on others. I have never been good at asking for help and for once in my life, I have to ask. Its not a maybe, I have to! I have learned very quickly who in my life is truly here for me and who I can count and depend on. I can say that my ward family has been amazing and that its just an example to the kinds of people they are. Its just one more way that I know my Savior loves me and will always provide a way for me.

Anyways, this month has been fun in some ways. The kids and I have spent more time just hanging out since mommy has had to slow down a little. I have been doing a little crafting again which is nice and been doing some studying and reading on things that interest me right now. I have spent more time playing with the kids and reading lots and lots of books. Ada has been such a sweet girl and knows when mommy is having a rough day and will just cuddle up on the couch with me and talk or watch a movie. She helps out a lot with baby brother and that is very nice for me. In some ways I hate to see how much she notices the changes but in others I think it can be a great lesson for her. Its teaching us about family and how we always need each other.

Another positive note, I booked my trip to Disney World! I am so excited!! I will be taking the kids on Feb 28th, and heading to Florida to spend time with my mom. We will be going to "mickey mouses house" as Ada likes to call it for 4 days and spending another 5 with my mom. I can't wait to do this, I am only sad that Scott is not here to share it with us. I can't wait for that man to come home so that we can be a family again. Ada really misses him and talks of him every day! We write him lots of letters and draw him tons of pictures. She really enjoys helping me put boxes together for him and picking things out at the store to send him. I made both of the kiddos new daddy pillows which they love. Bray will crawl to it if I ask him where daddy is and just attack the pillow. He is starting to recognize who daddy is in pictures. Its not the way I wanted him to get to know his dad, but for now you work with what you got! Ada has enjoyed talking to dad on the phone every few days and though the conversations are short she talks about them for hours after wards.

Another side note, Bray has almost mastered drinking out of the sippy cup! Good thing since hes not far from his big first birthday and bottles will be going bye bye!


Bray and his daddy pillow :)



The kids laying with daddy ready for story time

Ada playing with her jewlery making kit


This is where he likes to hang out
Cuddling on the couch
Bray drinking out of his sippy cup! And yes, he still likes his swing!
Adas new daddy pillow
Brays new daddy pillow


No comments: