Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teach Me Tuesday

Ok so I love reading other peoples tutorials and blogs on crafts. Its probably my favorite thing to search the web for. I cannot wait to get home and start working on some of the great crafts and home decor I have found. Well now I want to start sharing some of my favorites with you. So here is my first Teach me Tuesday! This is a mod podge tutorial. I love Mod podge! There are so many things that you can do with it! You can honestly decoupage just about anything in your house! Well here it is and hope you enjoy! Some ideas you could use this for.
- door hangings
- word decor
- spruce up a piece of furniture
- any kind of holiday decor! (just get the paper of that holiday)


Mod Podge Tutorial

Link: http://mycraftydaysoff.blogspot.com/2008/01/mod-podge-tutorial.html

You will need mod podge, a paint brush or sponge & some sand paper. & then any another things you like to decorate!


I learn best by pictures so that is how I will do my tutorial...first you cut you paper of choice a little larger than the object you are covering....then you cover the FRONT of it with a thin layer of Mod Podge.













Then place your paper RIGHT SIDE UP....(I have put the paper on the wrong way many times grrrrrrr!)
& smooth it with your fingers or I like to use my brayer....then just set it aside to dry for a bit.














Once it is dry...it doesn't take long...flip it over & with an exacto knife trim all the edges...it does not have to be perfect as you will be sanding the edges. FYI...this is 2 sided paper in case you were wondering.



The next step is to sand all of the edges with a very fine sand paper.....once this is done you can ink the edges with some ink & a sponge if you like....with this one I only did it a little bit with white as I wanted it to be light & cheery.















That it it...now you have your pallett to do with as
you wish!


















Here are a few more pictures
of some things you can decorate!

2 comments:

Cotners said...

Lynnette loved your tutorial. Very nice.

Jen said...

Cute! And great idea. I'll keep watching for what you come up with next!