Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Today I am thankful for Operation Kid Comfort. I sent off some pics and a request for this blanket shortly after Scott deployed and I never heard from them. It said on their site that they get hundreds of requests and you may never get your blanket. So I wasn't expecting it, but then it showed up! The blanket is very cute. Its a non profit organization that makes theses blankets for kids of deployed parents. You send them pics of the kids and their parent and they screen print them on to a quilt. I thought it was so nice that people volunteer their time to do things like this. i know my grandmother does this kind of thing but for blankets of wounded veterans. If I was a better sewer I would volunteer my time to do this. Anyways here's a pic. The best I can do.
Photobucket

No comments: