Sunday, February 28, 2010

One week pictures and Labor story

Well I decided I should write a few things down about my labor for my own personal journaling purposes.

So on Thursday the 18th, I went in to the doctors for my appointment. At this time the doctor stripped my membranes like he promised. Something I found out they usually don't do until you are a full 40 weeks here. So I was happy he bent the rules for me. That cause a lot of contractions for the rest of the day and night but of course when I woke up the next morning they had calmed down. They were only coming about ever 10 minutes. So I did an awful awful thing, but hey what can I say. I took castor oil. Yep that nasty disguesting stuff. It actually wasn't to awful. So I took that at about 10 am friday morning. It did start to work pretty quickly and the contractions started to roll in. Well I didn't want to sit around the house and wait for anything so me and Ada were off for the day. We went and brough daddy some lunch and other things for the field since he was out in the cold. And then we did a little shopping, and eventually ended up at mc donalds around dinner time so she could run some energy off. Well as I sat there and watched her play they were really starting to get painful. A lady even asked me if I was ok and if the baby was kicking really hard. I turned and looked at her and said no, I think he wants out now. Kinda freaked her out...oops! So I rounded Ada up and headed for home. I got her bathed and into bed how I don't know. So while all this was going on, it started to snow. Of course! I told Scott that I would go into labor in the middle of the night, while its snowing, and while hes gone. Boy was I right!!! So about 11 pm I started to call friends to figure out how I was going to get to the hospital and who would watch Ada. My friend Les hates the snow and never drives in it, but she ventured over to sit with Ada for me. And then my other friend Shelly came and took me to the hospital. So thankful for good friends!!

So I got to the hospital around 12 30. At this point I was having contractions about ever 4 mins apart and I was dilated to a 4 and fully effaced. Well this hospital says that's not good enough so they told me to go walk for an hour and come back. So off me and Shelly went around the deserted hospital to walk. We walked for about an hour going up and down as many stairs as possible. I was not going to let them send me home! I went back and they checked me and I was now only at a five but they were about 2 mins apart. So they went ahead and admitted me! I was so relieved. At this point I was finally able to call Scott and they were going to get him to the hospital as fast as possible. Luckily he was just out in the field about 15 mins away. Scary for him though cause they were in the hum v and it was all ice on the roads and he said they about crashed more than a few times. Scott showed up around 2 30 and we just labored for awhile. I used the ball mostly and tried to stay out of the bed as much as possible. I finally decided to get an epidural around 6am. The guy came in and gave it to me and I was dialted to a 6 or 7 at this point. Then the midwife came in and broke the bag of waters to help things along. At about 8 45 I was ready to go. It took them a minute to get all the things set up. I started to push around 9 and at 9 46 he was born! It was a very nice and easy delivery. I did not tear or need any stiches and for that I am so thankful! He was a little guy though, so I guess thats probably why. Before I had him the nurses were guessing 8lbs or so and then he came out and they were like, nope he won't even break 7 lbs. I couldn't believe it! We had not bought to much newborn clothes or diapers because they kept telling me how big he was going to be. So needless to say he is swimming in most of his clothes and we had to buy more diapers.

Well thats pretty much it. I just wanted to get that down for myself so I can remember it. Ada was able to come up that day and meet her baby brother for the first time. It was so nice to see her and she was so sweet with him. My friends Les and Shelly both came for a visit too. We only stayed in the hospital for about 24 hours after we had him and then headed home. I pushed for that because he was happy and healthy and there was no reason for us to be there. My own home with my family is where I wanted to be. I missed my little girl and I hate when I am away from her for very long.

And here are a ton more pictures I took yesterday. He was 1 week old! I can't believe how fast it goes by! You think I would be used to it since its the second time around but nope. We did a little photo shoot here at the house with Les help. I tried to get as many of him as I could and a bunch of Ada too, but of course working with a two year old who has the attention span of a knat is a little hard. I was pretty pleased with how some came out though. I am posting as many as I can but there are a ton more! Family feel free to steal and print off any of these you might want. Or let me know and I can do it for you.

Our little goof ball :)

That puppy was the first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant. I had to have a picture :)

Ok so these two pictures were right after we got Ada out of the bath. Why she was in the bath is kinda funny. Scotty was changing Braydens diaper and next thing you know he is shooting off like a fountain and gets himself in the head but also hits his big sister in the head and gets her hair completly soaked. I know I shouldn't laugh but if you could have seen the look on Adas face and then she goes "mommy my hair is all wet and cold!" It was just priceless. She then got a little jealous of the pictures of Brayden and wanted to join in. I was already planning on her joining in but I was waiting for her hair to dry. Anyways here are those pictures. She also had to have her Dora pillow in a picture.

I also wanted to take a second to say how amazing Scott has been since we brought the baby home. He has been helping out with everything and pitching in where ever I need him. He has cooked and cleaned and played with Ada and changed plenty of diapers. I am so greatful to have such an amazing husband and such a great partner. He is my best friend and without him I would be lost.

Well thats all for now. I have a toddler yelling at me to play with her!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What adorable pictures! They are soooo cute. Sorry we'll miss seeing him as a tiny thing. He'll have grown a ton by the time we get to meet him. We love you and hope you enjoy having the family around!